Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup- makes 6 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower, rinsed and roughly chopped into florets
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced into 1/2" slices
- 8 garlic cloves, whole
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth or water to make this vegan)
- 12 oz. almond or cashew milk
- 14 oz tofu (if you can find silken, great, but I ended up using firm and it worked out just fine)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (or a little more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Toss the cauliflower florets in the olive and lay in a single layer on a baking sheet. Keep the onion slices together and dab in the oil before laying on the baking sheet. Toss the garlic cloves in the oil, then place into an aluminum foil pouch and place on the baking sheet.
- Roast the cauliflower, onions, and garlic for 25 minutes, flipping everything halfway through.
- While the veggies are roasting, heat the broth in a large pot on the stove at medium-high heat. If the broth starts to simmer before the veggies are done, lower the heat and place a lid on the pot.
- Once the veggies are roasted- they will be brown, but will still be firm- toss them into the pot of simmering broth. Lower heat to medium-low, place the lid on the pot and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until cauliflower easily smashes with a fork. At this point, I smashed everything in the pot with a potato smasher to make blending easier.
- Add nut milk, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Drain the tofu and cut into smaller pieces before adding to pot and blending down. The soup should be smooth, thick and creamy.
- A little topping of Parmesan and a side of crusty bread would be lovely with this.
Calories- 175; Fat- 11gm; Carbs- 10.5gm, Protein- 10.5gm